Assalamualaikum. Emm as the time never wait for us, we continue our life.. But we might forget the past because we keep enjoying ourselves.. We also tend to forget the future and hereafter.. Oh no.. After a very long time I never post anything in my humble blog, the mind became rusty to think what to write and what to post.. Preparation, study, and bla.. bla.. I think I still in the facilitator mode after a very enjoyable moment at Tanjung Rhu.. For the year 4 students, probably there were some topics that we missed out during the camp.. So, here I have probably the easiest and the cheapest way to tell a little bit about the clinical years considering I have a lot of time to kill in this Cuti-Cuti Malaysia.. This is actually the edited version of what i have wrote to the current year 5 students..
Okay, this guide is free for all but, is targeted for the 4th year student-to-be.. But one must remember that the guide is crafted by experienced.. One might not agree with this, but for me its okay.. But please dont chase me with parang or forceps later.. So proceed with caution.. Most of the photos were taken at the Tanjung Rhu camp..
Enthusiasm is needed but it cant guarantee your success
But things will get more complicated, as we also have a stiff competition from other medical school.. In Temerloh, we might have to share the wards with some of the UIAM student doctors.. In Ampang there is a private medical school by the name of UNITAR if I am not mistaken also putting their students too.. So dont get shock when u can see there will be a lot more people with white coat than the patients.. Just smile and be friendly with anyone because when we work, we will never afford to choose with whom we will work with..
|Beware.!! Before you cross the road to Hospital Ampang.. They got insurance to drive fast..|
After coming back to Australia, there might be financial problem for some of you, although you might work at Pizza Hut for two months after that.. But for those who are not working, let us plan the budget first.. One strategy is to get as many 'duit raya' as you can and please top up your phone credit to ask for your scholar..
- Stethoscope : RM 180-250.. depends on the brand.. If you have a good set of ear, you can buy Spirit brand.. But for those who have ear problems, Littmann is recommended.. Of course the price is higher.. If you want to give a stethoscope to your 2 year old brother or sister to play with, the nursing student stethoscope is about RM50
- Pen torch : RM5-15.. depends on the type.. One is enough.. Better for you to get two.. (to check for RAPD) But for me, one is enough, and you can borrow another one from your friends..
- Measuring tape : RM5.. If you want to cut the budget, just get it from the tailor for RM1
- Tendon hammer : RM25-45.. depends on the size.. The adult size is recommended in exam..
- Text book : RM70-150.. Depends on the publisher..One recommended text book is enough.. The list will be given by the lecturer.. or else u can ask Kak Hayati, Faridah or Ezzati.. Nowadays people tend to use internet..
- OHCM (small book) RM80.. a must have for medicine not surgical. The latest version comes with higher price.. For me, just get the old version which comes cheaper but quite out-dated..
- White coat : RM40-50.. You can get it cheaper from Kak Rubi (while stock lasts).. Or just cut your lab coat sleeves up to your elbow for free (not comfortable)..
Labels: kawan de usim